Environmental Health Division
Director, Danny Nikitas
New & Improved Environmental Health Establishment Payment System! It’s fast, easy and available at 5 locations in Cochise County.
Do you need to make a payment for your food establishment permit? If so, did you know that you can go to any Health Department location within Cochise County to make your payment and receive your establishment permit on the spot?
Well, now you can! We are here to serve you! Come in and see us, our new and improved establishment payment system will get you back to business fast! Walk-ins are welcome, anytime, Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm, checks, cash, money orders, or credit/debit cards in Sierra Vista and Bisbee (service fee applies).
Click here to view the press release
Have you been thinking about trying a new restaurant this weekend? If so, check out the current inspection report first! Learn about the establishment before you eat there.
Environmental Health Programs
To ensure a safe and healthy environment for the residents of Cochise County, the Environmental Health Division (EHD) provides many services to the general public and the regulated community. These services are summarized in the following programs. Click on the name of the program to visit the program's webapge for more detailed information.
- Food Safety - Provides education and routine inspections of a variety of food facilities in the County. Reports of food borne illness are promptly investigated.
- Septic Systems - Assists land owners and contractors by providing permitting and review services of standard sewage disposal systems to assure proper installation and function.
- Wells - In conjunction with ADWR the division provides inspection services for new, repairs to and deepening of wells to assure proper setbacks and protection of local aquifers. Provide citizens with information on how to disinfect a well.
- Recreational Health - To ensure the safety of public and semi-public swimming pools EHD provides education and routine sanitary inspections of these facilities.
- Public Accommodations - EHD ensures proper sanitation of hotels/motels and at trailer/RV parks by conducting routine inspections.
- Vector Control - Provides surveillance and public education of insects and animals that could pose public health threats.
- Complaints - EHD investigates citizen complaints and nuisance situations to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all residents. Click here for more information or to file a complaint.
- Smoke Free Arizona - In conjunction with Arizona Department of Health Services EHD provides complaint investigation services of Proposition 201. Click the link for more information or to file a complaint.
Payments can be made in the form of cash, check, or money order at all Health Department locations and additionally in the form of credit or debit card at the Sierra Vista location. There is a minimum convienence fee of $2.50 for each credit/debit transaction, sliding scale convienence fee for credits/debits over $50. We accept the following credit/debit cards at this time. We do not accept Visa credit/debit cards at this time.