Cochise County Airport
Cochise County Airport (P33) is a public-use airport owned and operated by Cochise County. It is located four miles west of the central business district of Willcox, AZ. The airport is included in the Federal Aviation Administration's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems, which categorizes it as a general aviation facility. The airport accommodates corporate aircraft and business owners, as well as local general aviation aircraft and pilots. The major tenant on the airfield is Walden Aviation, which serves as the airport's fixed-base operator (FBO) by providing fuel, pilot supplies, a small terminal building, and minor aviation maintenance.
Airport Master Plan
An Airport Master Plan (AMP) describes and depicts the overall concept for the long-term development of an airport. It presents the concepts graphically in the Airport Layout Plan (ALP) drawing set and reports the data and logic upon which the concept is based in the narrative report. The goal of the plan is to provide direction for future airport development that will satisfy aviation demand in a financially feasible manner and meet the needs of Cochise County with respect to the airport.
The following objectives guide in the preparation of the airport master plan:
- Comply with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Consider recent national and local aviation trends and how these trends affect Cochise County Airport.
- Identify the existing capacity of airport infrastructure and determine if there is a need to maintain or improve facilities.
- Interact with, and retrieve input from, the public and other stakeholders on airport issues and plans.
- Understand the issues, opportunities, and constraints of the airport.
- Airport Master Planning Process Diagram (PDF)
- Cochise County Airport Master Plan Executive Summary (PDF)
- Cochise County Airport Technical Advisory Committee Meeting Summary October 23, 2013 (PDF)
- Cochise County Airport Working Paper 1 December, 2013 (PDF)
- Cochise County Airport Working Paper 2 January, 2014 (PDF)
- Cochise County Airport Working Paper 3 April, 2014 (PDF)
- Cochise County Final Airport Layout Plan Drawing Set (PDF)
- Cochise County Final Airport Master Plan Report (PDF)
- County Airport Draft Master Plan Updates (PDF)