FEMA Funeral Assistance is available – click on the link to the left.
Anyone who needs a birth or death certificate can visit any Health and Social Services location and utilize the drop box or mail directly to the Sierra Vista or Bisbee location. A birth certificate will not be mailed to you by the hospital. You must apply at the office of Vital Records no sooner than three weeks after the baby's birth.
The Cochise County Office of Vital Records does not Issue Birth & Death Certificates from different states please contact the respective State's Vital Records Office.
Confidentiality Notice: Arizona is not an open record state. Birth and death certificates are confidential.
- Vital Records Request for Copy of Birth Certificate (PDF)
- Vital Records Request for Copy of Death Certificates (PDF)
It costs $20 per certified copy (when paying by Money order or Cash). Payment methods are cash (if dropping off), credit, debit, or money orders. All major credit cards are accepted. With all credit or debit card transactions, there is a convenience fee applied.
|$5 to $54.99||$2|
|$55 to $250.99||$5|
|$251 to $500 or greater||$10|
Record Request Fees
|Fetal Death Certificate||$20|
|Certificate of Birth Resulting in Still Birth||$20|
|Birth Non-Certified - For Government Agencies Only||$5|
|Death Non-Certified - For Government Agencies Only||$5|
Identification or Notarized Signature is required: If applying in person (at any of the drop off locations), the applicant must show one of the valid government-issued photo IDs. If applying by Mail or Online through VitalChek, submit a copy of your valid ID listed below or have your signature notarized.
Valid Government Issued Identification with Picture and Signature:
- Employment Authorized Card (Forms I-766, I-688A or I-6688)
- Passports - United States or Foreign issued
- Permanent Resident Card issued on or after May 11, 2010, which includes a signature
- Resident Alien Card (Form I-551)
- Temporary Resident Alien Card (I-688)
- Tribal Identification that contains bearer's signature
- United States issued Drivers License or Identification Card
- United States Military Identification Card that contains bearer's signature (some do not)
- United States Territories Drivers License or Identification Card
- Visa - In a passport and the bearer's signature is on the passport, not the Visa
Note: Expired, cracked, broken, taped or faded identification cannot be accepted.
VitalChek is your direct connection to order certified copies of Arizona vital records (with government seal) for your immediate family - order online and receives them by express mail. VitalChek is an independent vendor and not a program of the Cochise County Health Department. To obtain information and instructions for ordering Arizona vital records on VitalChek: Visit the Arizona VitalChek website.
To get more information from the Arizona Department of Health Service's Office of Vital Records please visit: