Fitness & Health Program for Cochise County Employees
- Exercise Rooms available in Bisbee - Melody Lane Complex and Old Bisbee Annex Building, Benson, Douglas, Sierra Vista & Willcox - Orientation, instruction and support provided for the use of exercise rooms.
- Virtual Fitness Classes - Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays at noon
- Tuesdays - Restorative Yoga with Coral Amayi
- Wednesdays - Express: 30 minutes full-body metabolic strength
- Thursdays - MELT and Meditate: MELT method, stretching, mindfulness
- Yoga with Catherine Barney - Fridays @ 12:00, Annex Building, Old Bisbee
- Zumba with Jae Jones Tuesdays & Thursdays 5:30pm, BOS Lobby
- Fitness Assessments
- Fitness Goal Setting
- Action Plan Support
- Wellness Drop - Informational Emails
- Health/Wellness/Fitness Presentations
- Personal Training Sessions
- Health/Wellness Challenges
Email Ana Maria Flannigan, to schedule your initial assessment.
December Wellness Drop
The holidays are a great time of the year, but they can also be very stressful.
- Avoid unnecessary stress – learn to say no; avoid people who stress you out; take control of your environment; avoid hot-button topics; pare down your to-do list.
- Alter the Situation – express your feelings instead of bottling them up; be willing to compromise; be more assertive; manage your time better.
- Adapt to the stressor – reframe problems; look at the big picture; adjust your standards (perfectionism is a major source of avoidable stress); focus on the positive.
- Accept the things you can’t change – don’t try to control the uncontrollable; look for the upside; share your feelings; learn to forgive.
- Make time for fun and relaxation – set aside time to relax; connect with others; do something you enjoy every day; keep your sense of humor.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle – exercise regularly; eat a healthy and nutritious diet; reduce caffeine and sugar; avoid cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs; get enough sleep.
I wish you lots of joy and great health this holiday season.