Mobile Home, Manufactured Home and RV Parks
Purpose and Restrictions
All Mobile Home, Manufactured Home, and Recreational Vehicle Parks must comply with the following standards
- Max density: Specified by the zoning district in which the park is located
- Parking: 1 space per dwelling unit. or lot space.
- Minimum individual space width: none
- Setbacks: The minimum setback for all units and other structures from the space boundary shall be seven and one-half feet. The minimum setback from all streets and from the perimeter of the Park shall be 10-feet.
- Distance between structures: a minimum distance between principal structures shall be 15-feet. Nothing herein shall prevent permanent attachment of principal structures.
- Maximum height: Principal structure: 30-feet above grade, accessory structure: 20-feet above grade, wall or fence: eight-feet above grade.
- Site coverage: 55-percent for each residential space and for the entire Park, exclusive of rights-of-way and recreational areas. The maximum site coverage for recreational areas shall be 75-percent..
- Screening: A six-foot high solid wall, fence or existing vegetative equivalent, or any combination thereof, shall be provided along all Park boundaries.
- Interior streets: two-way interior drives must be at least 24-feet in width. One-way drives must be at least 12-feet in width. Sidewalks or pedestrian paths shall be placed on at least one side of all internal drives or streets for Parks within a Category B Growth Area and on both sides for Parks situated within a Category A Growth Area.
- Exterior street access: No space within a Park shall have direct vehicular access to a street bordering the Park.
- Skirting shall be required for each mobile/manufactured home in a Park.
- A landscape plan must be provided for parks with growth categories A and B.
- Recreation: Not less than 10-percent of the gross area of any Park shall be devoted to common recreational areas and facilities, such as playgrounds, swimming pools, community buildings, or common open space.
- Accessory structures and uses: Accessory structures and uses intended primarily to serve the needs of persons within the Park, such as laundry facilities, are permitted, but may not five-percent of the gross area of the Park. In addition, all outdoor Park maintenance areas shall be enclosed by a six-foot high solid screen
How to Apply
The property owner or authorized agent must fill out and submit a Mobile Home, Manufactured Home or RV Park application along with a site plan demonstrating compliance with all development standards listed on this page.