I lost my case. Where do I send the money?

Once the judgment has been entered, it is up to you to pay the other party. You may send payment directly to the person or entity that prevailed in arbitration, but be sure to obtain or retain proof of payment. Do not make payment to the Court. The Court does not collect money owed, or distribute payments to any party. The prevailing party should send a written demand for payment indicating the judgment amount and how to make payment. It is then your responsibility to pay the debt. Failure to do so may result in garnishment or other negative consequences.

Show All Answers

1. What is Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)?
2. I want to sue someone, how do I start the process?
3. How do I get my case heard by an Arbitrator?
4. How do I get my case heard by a Mediator?
5. How long should the arbitration session take?
6. Are arbitrations and mediations public?
7. Do I need to hire a lawyer?
8. What do I have to bring with me to arbitration?
9. Can I bring witnesses to testify on my behalf?
10. What happens if the other party fails to attend the hearing?
11. Are the arbitrators lawyers?
12. Can I appeal a mediated agreement?
13. What if the other person fails to comply after we mediated an agreement in a civil or small claims case?
14. Can I appeal the arbitrator’s decision?
15. I won my case. How do I get my money?
16. I lost my case. Where do I send the money?