What generally happens to a referral in Cochise County?

Referrals received in Cochise County are reviewed by the Probation Department in accordance with an Interagency Agreement (IGA) with the County Attorney. Referrals that meet the IGA requirements are immediately eligible for Diversion. Diversion is an opportunity to avoid going to court, starting a court record, receiving court fees while still obtaining Interventions (consequences) for the actions that resulted in the referral. Those referrals that do not meet the IGA are sent to the county attorney for review. The county attorney can return the referral for diversion, not file on the referral (dismissal), file a juvenile petition of which the youth will go before a judge, or send the referral to be processed in the adult system.

Show All Answers

1. What is the difference between probation and parole?
2. Who do I speak with regarding non-payments of restitution?
3. What generally happens to a referral in Cochise County?
4. I would like to have my juvenile records destroyed. What do I do?
5. I need a background investigation or records check on a juvenile.
6. How do I pay a fine or fee?