Can I do work of any kind in the County maintained right-of-way?

A Permit Application for Construction in County Right-of-Way (ROW) must be obtained and approved before work can be done in the right-of-way. This would include public utilities, contractors, and individuals. There is a filing and inspection fee charged to each applicant to assure that the use of the County property is in compliance with permit conditions. There is no permit requirement to work on non-County maintained roadways or easements.  Also see ROW Ordinance 035-06 (PDF).

Show All Answers

1. I pay a lot of property taxes and expect more work done on my road. Why isn't it happening?
2. How can I get my road maintained by the County?
3. How often will my dirt road be graded?
4. Emergency vehicles cannot get down my road. When will the County fix my road so that ambulances, fire trucks, etc. can get to my house?
5. Will the County purchase and install a culvert at my driveway entrance?
6. Can I do work of any kind in the County maintained right-of-way?
7. What is the County going to do about the dust on my road?
8. When it rains, I can’t get out of my driveway. What will the County do?
9. How can I have my road abandoned?
10. How many miles of roads does Cochise County maintain?
11. How can the public help this department?
12. How can I find out about road condition elsewhere in Arizona?