How can I have my road abandoned?

The Board of Supervisors of Cochise County is solely authorized to grant the abandonment of public rights-of-way within the unincorporated areas of Cochise County. The process to have an abandonment request reviewed and submitted to the Board of Supervisors is explained in the Roadway Abandonment Policy and Procedures (PDF). This document also contains an Application Form that must be submitted with any applicable fees. To contact the Right-of-Way Section to discuss the right-of-way you are proposing for abandonment. Email the Highways Division, or call 520-432-9300. You can also write to:
Cochise County Public Works Department
1415 Melody Lane
Building F
Bisbee, AZ 85603

All checks shall be made out to the Cochise County Public Works Department.

County Maintained Road Atlases are computer generated using GIS software. Please contact the Highway and Floodplain Department for the most current Maintained Road System data. Contact our Administration Office for details.

Show All Answers

1. I pay a lot of property taxes and expect more work done on my road. Why isn't it happening?
2. How can I get my road maintained by the County?
3. How often will my dirt road be graded?
4. Emergency vehicles cannot get down my road. When will the County fix my road so that ambulances, fire trucks, etc. can get to my house?
5. Will the County purchase and install a culvert at my driveway entrance?
6. Can I do work of any kind in the County maintained right-of-way?
7. What is the County going to do about the dust on my road?
8. When it rains, I can’t get out of my driveway. What will the County do?
9. How can I have my road abandoned?
10. How many miles of roads does Cochise County maintain?
11. How can the public help this department?
12. How can I find out about road condition elsewhere in Arizona?