~ A marriage license costs $78.00 payable by cash, money order or VISA or MasterCard. Both parties must appear in person at the Clerk’s office to sign the marriage license application and take an oath (or affirm) as to the truth of the statements made.
~ The age of legal consent is 18. If either or both parties are 16 or 17 years old the consent of at least one of your parents (or guardians) is required: Get consent form. Persons under 16 years of age must have parental consent AND the approval of an Arizona Superior Court Judge.
~ A copy of a divorce decree is not required. No blood test or waiting period is required. There is no residency requirement. You may be asked to provide a driver’s license as proof of age. A license is valid for 12 months from date of issuance, but you must marry within that 12 months or the license will expire. The license issued by our office can be used anywhere in the State of Arizona. You must make your own arrangements for the marriage ceremony. You will need 2 witnesses to sign the marriage certificate portion. They must be 18 years of age or older. See: Arizona law re: Marriage.

Sierra Vista Office:
100 Colonia de Salud, Suite 200 (off Hwy 90).
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Telephone: 520.803.3061
Bisbee Office:
100 Quality Hill (off Tombstone Canyon)
8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. Telephone 520.432.8570

Once the marriage ceremony has taken place, the signed marriage license must be returned to the Clerk’s Office in order for it to be officially recorded. Licenses can be brought to the Sierra Vista or Bisbee offices in person or mailed to:
Clerk of the Superior Court
P. O. Box CK
Bisbee, Arizona 85603
An envelope with this address is provided at the time the marriage license is issued.


This service is available on a very limited basis. Cause must be shown to a supervisor in this office that both parties cannot be present to obtain a license during the normal course of business hours. We will require a letter from a work supervisor or commanding officer, a travel itinerary or other documents which will support the request. Please call the Bisbee office at 520.432.8570.


Arizona Law (ARS Section 25-901 through 906) requires couples to meet additional requirements before they can obtain a Covenant Marriage License. Please see your clergy or marriage counselor for a copy of the pamphlet, “Covenant Marriages in Arizona”.  You may also pick one up from this office or request one from the Administrative Office of the Courts at 602.542.4821. A Covenant Marriage License costs $78.00. To convert an existing, traditional marriage to a covenant marriage will require the married couple to sign a marriage license affidavit and a “Declaration of Intent to EnterInto a Covenant Marriage” form at the Clerk’s office. The fee to convert is $28.00.
Please note: Only the Bisbee and Sierra Vista Clerk’s offices can issue a Covenant Marriage License or convert a traditional marriage to a covenant marriage.

Covenant Marriage AZ 


A certified copy of a marriage certificate costs $28.00. You may obtain it with same day service by coming to the Bisbee or Sierra Vista offices. See: Requesting Copies web page.