On January 22, 2008 the Clerk of Superior Court received notice from the Department of State that substantial changes will be made to the passport application process and that fees will change - effective February 1, 2008. Our comprehensive website re: Passports has been removed until we receive further information from the Department of State. Information regarding Passport Cards is now available - CLICK HERE to read it.

The following is limited information for our customers:

The Clerk of Superior Court has been designated a passport application acceptance agent for new passports by the US State Department. We accept the completed applications (following the federal guidelines) and forward them to the US Passport Service for approval and processing. Certain local post offices have also been designated acceptance agents.


Sierra Vista Office: 100 Colonia de Salud, Suite 200 (off Hwy 90)
Business hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. NOTE:***We cannot process applications during the afternoons in Sierra Vista due to the handling of court filings*** Monday thru Friday except Holidays
Bisbee Office: 100 Quality Hill (Off Tombstone Canyon in Old Bisbee)
Business hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday except Holidays


Adults: Adult passports are valid for 10 years.

~ To apply for a new passport you must present a certified copy of your birth certificate and a valid picture I.D., such as a driver’s license or military I.D. with your passport application. A certified birth certificate may be obtained from the Bureau of Vital Statistics in the state in which you were born. The certificate is required to be sent with the application and will be returned with the passport. CLICK HERE for a complete listing of State offices responsible for State Birth Records.

If you need your birth certificate quicker than the state offices can deliver CLICK HERE for a private company that can speed up the process. Expired passports may be substituted for a certified copy of the birth certificate. Picture bank cards or hospital birth registration certificates are NOT acceptable forms of identification.

~ If you are a Naturalized Citizen and have never obtained a U.S. Passport, your original Naturalization Certificate is required to be submitted with your application and will be returned with the passport.

~ You must provide 1 (one) passport photo when applying for a passport. This photo must be made especially for your passport. Please consult your Yellow Pages under “Photographers” or “Passports” to obtain appropriate pictures. Family snapshots, portraits or school pictures are NOT acceptable as passport photos.

~ You must also provide a photo copy of your picture I.D.

FEESCLICK HERE for current Passport Fees.

Status of Passport Application(s) - CLICK HERE to check on the status of your passport.