In 1987, the Cochise County Attorney’s Office began its Victim Witness Program. The mission of the Victim Witness Program is:
- to preserve and protect victims’ rights to justice and due process by providing information, assistance, compensation, support, and advocacy through a comprehensive range of services to victims and witnesses of delinquent acts in Cochise County;
- to treat victims with dignity and respect;
- and to continually evaluate the services delivered by our program’s professional staff and volunteer victim advocates for quality improvement.
Funds for the program come almost entirely from grants, resulting in the services to victims and witnesses costing the Cochise County taxpayers virtually nothing.
If you have been identified as a victim of crime, once the suspect has been arrested, you have a right to be heard before the court makes a decision on the offender's release. For additional information call the Cochise County Jail (520) 432-7554.
All services provided by the Victim Witness Program are free of charge.
FOR ASSISTANCE CALL
Orders of Protection Contact information:
- Bisbee (520) 432-9540
- Douglas (520) 805-5640
- Bowie (520) 847-2303
- Sierra Vista (520) 803-3800
- Benson (520) 586-8100
- Willcox (520) 384-7000
- Cochise County (520) 432-8500