ESTABLISH PATERNITY, LEGAL DECISION MAKING (CUSTODY,) PARENTING TIME, AND CHILD SUPPORT
- You want a court order that declares paternity and legal decision making (custody), parenting time and (optionally) child support, AND,
- Paternity has not already been legally established for at least one of the children to be named in the court order, AND
- The same person is the father of all children to be included in the court order, AND
- The minor child(ren) resided (lived) in Arizona at least 6 months before you file the petition or you talked to a lawyer who advised you that even so you could pursue the case in Arizona.
DO NOT USE THE FORMS in this packet if the following factor applies to your situation:
- Someone other than the person named as the father in this case is already listed as the father on the birth certificate for any child for whom you are asking for a court order in this case.
- Paternity has already been legally established by other means for all children for whom you are seeking a court order in this matter.
- For children born after July 1996: If the father's name appears on the birth certificate as a result of the parents having signed an Affidavit of Paternity in the hospital at the time of birth of afterwards, paternity has already been established for that child and you do not need to establish paternity through the court. A.R.S. § 25-812 (C).
- If the father is listed on the birth certificate or paternity has otherwise already been legally established for all children for whom you want a court order, see the packet to Establish Legal Decision Making (Custody), Parenting Time and Support to determine if it applies to your situation.
- Petition to Establish Paternity (with Legal Decision Making (Custody), Parenting Time, and Child Support English Spanish
- Summons English Spanish
- Preliminary Injunction English Spanish
- Parent Information Program Order & Notice English Spanish
- Family Department Sensitive Data Coversheet English Spanish
- Acceptance of Service English Spanish
- Affidavit of Service With Signature Confirmation English Spanish
Step 3 Choose one of the following:
- Response (Option for Respondent ONLY) English Spanish
- Application for Default (Option for Petitioner ONLY) English Spanish
- Motion to Set for Trial English Spanish