Effective October 1, 2019
Registration and Maintenance Program for Vacant Properties Information
On June 25, 2019, the Cochise County Board of Supervisors passed an amendment to the Cochise County Zoning Regulations establishing a Foreclosure Registry in Cochise County. The program requires registration and maintenance for properties in foreclosure and bank owned to protect residential and commercial areas from blight and nuisances resulting from foreclosed properties.
Important elements of the regulation include:
• Inspection of the property by mortgagee or its representative to be completed within 15 calendar days following the notice of default.
• Property registration and designation of a property manager must occur no later than 10 calendar days following the inspection.
• Requirement for posting of contact information for mortgagee and property manager on property.
• Requirement for mortgagee or its representative to maintain properties free of nuisances of refuse, waste, storage and securing open structures.
• Requirement to maintain pools and spas in working order, free of pollutants and debris OR drained and kept dry.
• Registration Application Fee: $150
• Records Change Fee: $150
• Annual Renewal Fee: $150
• De-Registration Fee: $0
• Revisions to Existing Registration Fee: $0
• Any additional fees owed to the County will be determined at the time of registration.
How to register:
Please fill out all information required and submit the appropriate form with payment to: Cochise County Development Services, Code Compliance, 4001 E Foothills Drive, Sierra Vista, AZ 85635.
Removing a property from the foreclosure registry:
• If a property has been sold or a change in title has occurred, the mortgagee must provide the new ownership information by submitting proof of sale or written notification to Cochise County Code Compliance. Failure to do so will result in responsibility remaining with the current owner/mortgagee until Cochise County records reflect new ownership information.
For questions email: email@example.com or call at 520.803.3960