SB1451, signed recently by the Governor, now requires anyone seeking a political office file a Candidate Statement of Interest form.
If you are planning to run for ANY county office, you MUST file that form with the Cochise County Elections Department. You should file this form before obtaining any petition signatures.
If you have already started gathering signatures, you should file this form immediately in order for those signatures to be grandfathered in. If you do not file the form, you risk candidate challenge in Superior Court. This means signatures gathered before your filing may be excluded.
• This form MUST be filed even if you filed a Candidate Committee.
• This form can be filed electronically.
• This information will be available to the public.
• Candidates for Special Districts DO NOT file this form.
• Candidates for Precinct Committeeman DO NOT file this form.
• If you are running for a City/Town office contact the Clerk in that jurisdiction.
Once completed, email the form to email@example.com
A receipt will be emailed to you. The candidate packet and candidate committee information has not changed.
Please proceed to the next section to download your candidate packet and forms.