Although natural and man-made disasters can be devastating, the damage can be minimized if communities are prepared. And when it comes to emergencies, faith-based organizations like yours play an integral role in local readiness and recovery efforts.
As part of Praise & Preparedness we encourage you to take steps to prepare your congregation before disaster strikes. Fostering awareness about potential hazards can save time, resources, money, and – most importantly – lives.
Interested in joining our Praise & Preparedness Partnership Program? Simply complete or update a facility emergency plan plus perform three (or more) of the actions below:
- Create a communications plan to contact congregants in the event of an emergency
- Work with other local organizations to organize, sponsor or participate in an emergency preparedness fair
- Conduct at least one evacuation drill each year or participate in at least one statewide drill, such as the tornado drill conducted during Severe Weather Awareness Week each February
- Promote individual emergency preparedness to members, through a newsletter or other means
- Download a Praise and Preparedness video and present to congregants
Once you have completed these actions, submit your Praise & Preparedness checklist to email@example.com or ATTN: Cochise County Office of Emergency Services, 1415 Melody Lane, Bldg. G, Bisbee AZ 85603.
Join our Praise & Preparedness Partnership Program today and help reduce the impact of emergencies or disasters of any scale on your facility and your congregants – whether they are at home or in a house of worship.