**** Click Orange "MENU" Button For More Options ****
ALL IN PERSON PARENT EDUCATION CLASSES HAVE BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ON-LINE CLASSES ARE AVAILABLE, PLEASE REGISTER BELOW
The FAMILY CONCILIATION COURT provides:
- CONCILIATION COUNSELING - Conciliation counseling is conducted by a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist for spouses who are experiencing an ongoing conflict, which might lead to divorce or separation. Conciliation Counseling helps spouses take time out to give thoughtful consideration to either reconcile or end a relationship.
- MEDIATION - Mediation is provided to parents with minor children, involved in disputes concerning divorce, legal separation, paternity or post-decree matters, with the goal of determining Legal Decision-Making and Parenting Time.
- PARENT INFORMATION PROGRAM - Pursuant to ARS §§25-352, both the Petitioner and the Respondent must attend and complete the Domestic Relations Education of Children's Issues Class (Parent Information Program).
Pursuant to ARS §§25-352: In an action for divorce, annulment, legal separation, paternity and in some post-decree actions involving a minor child common to both parties, parents are required to attend and complete a Domestic Relations Education of Children's Issues Class (Parent Information Program).
The Parent Information Program is not a parenting skills class. The purpose of the course is to educate parents about the impact of divorce and separation on children, the importance of continued involvement of both parents after family restructuring, as well as the effects that conflict and court involvement can have on the lives of children and families. The class will provide you with information that can help minimize the stress and harmful effects upon you and your children in what can be a very difficult time in your lives.
Online Parent Education Class
If you do not remit payment you will not receive the materials needed for the Parenting Class.
Please submit a $30 payment with the Clerk’s Office in Bisbee or Sierra Vista. You may also submit payment by logging on to: Point and Pay You cannot register for or attend the class until fee is paid
In-Person Class (Currently Not Available):
If you need to reschedule a class after you have registered, please call (520) 432-8485.
To attend the Parent Information Program, pre-registration is required. There is no walk-in registration at the class site.
- To register you must have a Superior Court case number.
- Payments will not be taken by the instructor.
- Bring to class a photo I.D., your Superior Court case number and a pen.
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes before class time. Once class starts, late arrivals will be asked to reschedule.
- No children are allowed in the class or the lobby of the courthouse.
- Only those who have registered for the class may attend.
- No food or drink is allowed except for water.
- You must attend the entire class to receive a “Certificate of Completion.”
Classes are held on Saturdays at either the Bisbee Superior Courthouse at 100 Quality Hill, Bisbee, AZ 85603 or the Sierra Vista Superior Courthouse at 100 Colonia de Salud, Bldg. A., Sierra Vista, AZ 85635. Refer to the schedule below as to dates and locations for the upcoming classes.
**Please note: there must be at least 8 people registered for the class to proceed. If this minimum is not met, class will be cancelled, and you will receive a call notifying you of the cancellation.