Office Location: 1415 Melody Lane, Building A, Bisbee, AZ 85603
Confidentiality Notice: Arizona is not an open record state. Birth and death certificates are confidential.
Anyone who needs a birth or death certificate can visit any Health & Social Services clinic to receive in-person delivery.
Cost: $20.00 per certified copy (when paying by Money order or Cash). Payment methods are cash (if dropping off), credit, debit or money order. All major credit cards are accepted. With all credit or debit card transactions there is a convenience fee applied.
(Please see chart below)
** Cochise County Vital Records fees are as follows:
|Fee Effective 8/1/18|
|Fetal Death Certificate||$20.00|
|Certificate of Birth Resulting in||$20.00|
|Delayed Birth Application||$20.00|
|Foreign Born Application||$20.00|
|Putative Father Registry||$5.00|
|Birth Non-Certified - For Government Agencies Only||$5.00|
|Death Non-Certified - For Government Agencies Only||$5.00|
|Record Search for Statistical or Research Purposes||$5.00|
A birth certificate will not be mailed to you by the hospital. You must apply at the office of Vital Records no sooner than three weeks after the baby's birth.
The Cochise County Office of Vital Records DOES NOT issue Birth & Death Certificates from different states - please contact the respective state's vital records office.
Identification or Notarized Signature is required: If applying in person (at any of the drop off locations), applicant must show one of the valid government-issued photo IDs listed below. If applying by Mail or Online through VitalChek, submit a copy of your valid ID listed below or have your signature notarized. If using the paper temporary ID, please include two additional forms of ID.
Valid Government Issued Identification with Picture and Signature:
- United States issued Drivers License or Identification Card
- United States Territories Drivers License or Identification Card
- United States Military Identification Card that contains bearer's signature (some do not)
- Tribal Identification that contains bearer's signature
- Passports - United States or Foreign issued
- Visa - In a passport and the bearer's signature is on the passport not the Visa
- Permanent Resident Card issued on or after May 11, 2010 which includes a signature
- Resident Alien Card (Form I-551)
- Employment Authorized Card (Forms I-766, I-688A or I-6688)
- Temporary Resident Alien Card (I-688)
- Note: Expired, cracked, broken, taped or faded identification cannot be accepted.
ONLINE and EXPEDITED ORDERS:
VitalChek is your direct connection to order certified copies of Arizona vital records (with government seal) for your immediate family - order online and receive them by express mail. VitalChek is an independent vendor and not a program of the Cochise County Health Department. To obtain information and instructions for ordering Arizona vital records on VitalChek: Visit the Arizona VitalChek website.
To get more information from the Arizona Department of Health Service's Office of Vital Records please visit Arizona Department of Health Services , reach them by phone at (888) 816-5907 or (602) 364-1300, or by mail at Arizona Department of Health Services, Office of Vital Records, 1818 West Adams,Phoenix, AZ 85007.