Office Location: 1415 Melody Lane, Building A, Bisbee, AZ 85603
Confidentiality Notice: Arizona is not an open record state. Birth and death certificates are confidential.
Important Notice Regarding Cochise County Vital Records
Effective July 2016, the Cochise County Office of Vital records will no longer have the availability of same day services. You can apply for a birth or death certificate by mailing your completed application to PO Drawer 4338, Bisbee, AZ 85603 or by dropping your completed application at the locations below:
Bisbee Health Department
|Sierra Vista Health Department
4115 E. Foothills Dr.
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
|Douglas Health Department
1012 N. G Ave, Ste 101
Douglas, AZ 85607
You application will be given to the Office of Vital Records. Within 7-10 business days, your certificate will be mailed OR a letter stating the problems that are preventing us from giving you your certificate.
A birth certificate will not be mailed to you by the hospital. You must apply at the office of Vital Records no sooner than three weeks after the baby's birth.
Cost: $15.00 per certified copy. Payment methods are cash (if dropping off), credit, debit or money order. All major credit cards are accepted. With all credit or debit card transactions there is a convenience fee applied.
The Cochise County Office of Vital Records DOES NOT issue Birth & Death Certificates from different states - please contact the respective state's vital records office.
Identification or Notarized Signature is required: If applying in person (at any of the drop off locations), applicant must show one of the valid government-issued photo IDs listed below. If applying by Mail or Online through VitalChek, submit a copy of your valid ID listed below or have your signature notarized. If using the paper temporary ID, please include two additional forms of ID.
Valid Government Issued Identification with Picture and Signature:
- United States issued Drivers License or Identification Card
- United States Territories Drivers License or Identification Card
- United States Military Identification Card that contains bearer's signature (some do not)
- Tribal Identification that contains bearer's signature
- Passports - United States or Foreign issued
- Visa - In a passport and the bearer's signature is on the passport not the Visa
- Permanent Resident Card issued on or after May 11, 2010 which includes a signature
- Resident Alien Card (Form I-551)
- Employment Authorized Card (Forms I-766, I-688A or I-6688)
- Temporary Resident Alien Card (I-688)
- Note: Expired, cracked, broken, taped or faded identification cannot be accepted.
ONLINE and EXPEDITED ORDERS:
VitalChek is your direct connection to order certified copies of Arizona vital records (with government seal) for your immediate family - order online and receive them by express mail. VitalChek is an independent vendor and not a program of the Cochise County Health Department. To obtain information and instructions for ordering Arizona vital records on VitalChek: Visit the Arizona VitalChek website.
Other Important Links:
To get more information from the Arizona Department of Health Service's Office of Vital Records please visit Arizona Department of Health Services , reach them by phone at (888) 816-5907 or (602) 364-1300, or by mail at Arizona Department of Health Services, Office of Vital Records, 1818 West Adams,Phoenix, AZ 85007.