Fixed Facility Restaurants, Bars, etc.

  1. Before you rent a place or start to build anything, contact your local Cochise County Environmental Health Division, District Office for the area of the county where you plan to operate. A place that used to be a restaurant may need to be brought up to today’s code. This may mean a lot of renovating. We’ll provide you with a packet of the forms and information to help you in your planning stages.
  2. When you’re ready to get started with your project, bring your plans, completed plan check application, fee and sample menus to us for approval. You’ll also want to check with the local planning and zoning and business license departments for their specific requirements.
  3. When you’re in the construction and equipment set-up stages, keep in touch with us, especially if you want to make any changes to the plans you’ve submitted.
  4. When you’re all ready to go, with all systems in operation, you’ll receive your permit to operate when you pass your opening inspection… and now you’re in business. Congratulations.