If applying In PERSON
- Applicant must provide a valid ID (see identification requirements).
- Check proof of eligibility to see if additional documents are required.
- Bring the appropriate fee ($20 each)
- When you come in the lobby fill out an application form available by the reception desk.
By MAIL: (Cochise County Vital Records, 1415 Melody Lane, Bldg. A, Bisbee, AZ 85603)
To apply by mail you must submit the following:
- A completed Application for Certified Copy of Birth Certificate [Español]
- A completed Application for Certified Copy of Death Certificate [Español]
- A copy of the front and back of your valid government-issued picture identification which bears your signature or have your signature notarized. Note: If you are not the registrant or the parent named on the certificate, you must also submit proof of eligibility.
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request.
- Appropriate fee, according to the fee schedule. Acceptable payment methods are: cashier's checks, money orders, Visa, or MasterCard. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH. Cashier's checks and money orders must be for the exact amount and made payable to Office of Vital Records. If you pay by credit/debit card, you must include the full card number and expiration date on your application.
Note: An incomplete application will delay the processing of your request. The average processing time for applications submitted through the mail is seven to ten business days from the date the application is received by Vital Records.
ONLINE and EXPEDITED ORDERS:
VitalChek is your direct connection to order certified copies of Arizona vital records (with government seal) for your immediate family - order online and receive them by express mail. VitalChek is an independent vendor and not a program of the Cochise County Health Department. To obtain information and instructions for ordering Arizona vital records on VitalChek: Visit the Arizona VitalChek website.