Office of Vital Records
Office Location: 4001 E. Foothills Dr., Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
|Location||Service Day(s)||Hours||Drop Off Days|
Monday - Thursday
9am - 12pm / 1:30pm - 4pm
|Bisbee||n/a||9am - 12pm / 1:30pm -4pm||Monday - Friday|
|Douglas||n/a||9am - 12pm / 1:30pm -4pm||Monday - Friday|
|Benson||n/a||9am - 12pm / 1:30pm -4pm||Monday - Friday|
|Willcox||n/a||9am - 12pm / 1:30pm -4pm||Monday - Friday|
Thank you for visiting our website. We are happy to provide you with the information you need to acquire certified copies of birth and/or death certificates. We provide birth and death certificates to Cochise County and Arizona residents. We provide services to all funeral homes within Cochise County and others outside of Cochise County.
Obtaining a Birth or Death Certificate
- Applicant must provide a valid ID (see identification requirements).
- Check proof of eligibility to see if additional documents are required.
- Bring the appropriate fee ($15 each)
- When you come in the lobby fill out an application form available by the reception desk. While we process your request and others ahead of you, be aware that you may wait for up to thirty minutes (30 minutes) during our busiest times such as, special clinic days, the back-to-school season or lunch time. Please plan accordingly for the possible wait times. If you ask upon your arrival we will be able to give you your estimated wait time.
- Pick up an application form at our office or print a form out from the internet.
- Please provide a valid notary signature and seal on the application form OR a copy of applicant's valid ID (see identification requirements).
- Check proof of eligibility to see if you need to mail any additional documents.
- Mail the appropriate fee. Please allow 1-2 weeks from the time you mail your application
Please follow the links below to learn more about our services, forms and request requirements.
ONLINE and EXPEDITED ORDERS:
VitalChek is your direct connection to order certified copies of Arizona vital records (with government seal) for your immediate family - order online and receive them by express mail. VitalChek is an independent vendor and not a program of the Cochise County Health Department. To obtain information and instructions for ordering Arizona vital records on VitalChek: Visit the Arizona VitalChek website.
IDENTIFICATION OR NOTARIZED SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED:
If applying IN PERSON, applicant must show one of the valid, government-issued, photo IDs listed below. If applying BY MAIL or ONLINE through VitalChek, submit a valid, notarized signature on your application or a copy of one of the valid, government-issued, photo IDs listed below.
Valid Government Issued Identification with Picture and Signature:
- United States issued Drivers License or Identification Card
- United States Territories Drivers License or Identification Card
- United States Military Identification Card that contains bearer's signature (some do not)
- Tribal Identification that contains bearer's signature
- Passports – United States or Foreign issued
- Visa – In a passport and the bearer's signature is on the passport not the Visa
- Permanent Resident Card issued on or after May 11, 2010 which includes a signature
- Resident Alien Card (Form I-551)
- Employment Authorized Card (Forms I-766, I-688A or I-668B)
- Temporary Resident Card (I-688)
Note: Expired, cracked, broken, taped or faded identification cannot be accepted.
Other Important Links:
To get more information from the Arizona Department of Health Service's Office of Vital Records please visit Arizona Department of Health Services , reach them by phone at (888) 816-5907 or (602) 364-1300, or by mail at Arizona Department of Health Services, Office of Vital Records, 1818 West Adams,Phoenix, AZ 85007.