Trained Health Educators offer a menu of evidence-based curricula upon request by schools, youth programs, parent groups and other venues. These programs are designed for teens 12-18 years of age. All curriculums emphasize the importance of healthy lifestyles by providing teens with the knowledge to make informed decisions. All components provide an abstinence-based message.
- Draw the Line/Respect the Line – Seven 1-hour lessons for junior high school youth focusing on reasons not to have sex and encourage abstinence
- Making a Difference – Eight 1-hour lessons for junior high school youth providing them with the knowledge, confidence, and skills necessary to reduce their risk of STDs and pregnancy by abstaining from sex.
- Making Proud Choices – Eight 1-hour lessons for junior high school youth providing them with the knowledge, confidence, and skills necessary to reduce their risk of STDs and pregnancy by abstaining from sex or using birth control methods if they chose to have sex.
- Cuidate (Take Care of Yourself) – Six 1-hour lessons based on the Hispanic/Latino culture focusing on cultural beliefs and attitudes about teen pregnancy, HIV/AIDS including negotiation & refusal skills.
- Promoting Health Among Teens – Twelve 1-hour lessons for 12-18 year olds focusing on exploring sexual feelings, consequences of risky sexual behavior and sexual responsibility including abstinence, condom use and negotiation & refusal skills.
- Reducing the Risk – Sixteen 45-minute lessons for 12-18 year olds teaching youth refusal statements, delay statements and alternative actions students can use to abstain or protect.
- Wise Guys
- Smart Girls Life Skills Training Curriculum
One parenting class is offered to parents with teens.
- Active Parenting of Teens – A 12 hour parent workshop focusing on helping parents learn how to help their teens make healthy, responsible choices. Please call (520) 432-9493 or contact us at email@example.com.
Arizona Department of Health Services Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program