Where can I find current job vacancies for Cochise County?

  • Employment opportunities are available from the following sources:
  • Cochise County Employment web site
  • Cochise County Department of Human Resources located at 1415 Melody Lane, Building F, Bisbee, AZ 85603 (520) 432-9700
  • Any local Department of Economic Security (DES) locations throughout Cochise County
  • The Army Career and Alumni Program (ACAP) located on Fort Huachuca, Arizona
  • Sierra Vista Chamber of Commerce

You may also request that an application be mailed to you by contacting the Department of Human Resources at (520) 432-9700

Do I need an application or may I submit a resume?

An application is required for all County positions. Resumes are not accepted without a fully completed application.

Do I have to fill out all portions of the application if I submit a resume?

Yes. The applicant screening process is done using the application, not the resume.  The application should be able to stand on its own without a resume.

Do I need a separate application for each position?

Yes. You must submit a completed application for each position for which you apply.  You may submit a copy of your application if it has an original signature.

How do I submit the application?

For recruitments that have specified closing dates, we must receive the application in our office at 1415 Melody Lane, Building F, Bisbee, AZ 85603 by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.  Postmarks do not count.

Can I use e-mail or the web to apply?

You may apply on-line through our website.  Emailed and faxed applications not submitted through our website will not be accepted.

May I leave a resume for future opportunities?

No.  Resumes can only be attached to completed applications and applications can only be submitted for classifications that are currently open for recruitment.

How do I make a change to my application after it has been submitted?

You may make changes that pertain to your address or phone number by contacting the Cochise County Department of Human Resources at (520) 432-9700.  Any other changes such as work history or references must be made prior to the closing date of the recruitment or in the case of an open until filled position, prior to the application being screened.  These changes will require the applicant to either come to the Human Resources office in person, send an email or a written request to the Department of Human Resources at 1415 Melody Lane, Building F, Bisbee, AZ 85603.

What happens if my application is not received by the closing date?

It cannot be accepted, and you will be notified in writing.

How does the application selection process work?

Once your application has been submitted, it is evaluated against the minimum education and experience qualifications for the position.  These are listed in the job posting.  If your application does not meet these qualifications, you can not be considered and you will be notified in writing with a postcard.  If your application meets the minimum qualifications, you are notified and your application is sent to the department with the vacancy.  The hiring department is then responsible for reviewing the applications and selecting the best qualified applicants for interviews or testing.  Once the department has selected an applicant to fill the vacancy, it is their responsibility to notify all applicants considered for the opening.

How can I improve my application?

Pay close attention to the minimum qualifications. If these are not met, your application cannot be considered.  Also, pay careful attention to any preferred qualifications; these are the attributes against which your application will be evaluated.  Make sure that you give all the details of your experience using terms that are commonly understood by people that are not necessarily experts in that field.  Be sure to attach documentation that verifies you have any specialized certifications or training required.