The Community Outreach & Public Services Unit is committed to fostering and building a partnership between the Sheriff’s Office and the community by providing essential programs and services that promote an environment in which members of the community individually and collectively can help prevent crime, build safer communities and advance the quality of life here in Cochise County.
Sheriff Mark Dannels is committed to forming positive relationships with all organizations within the communities of Cochise County. To help in this effort, one of the first changes made within a month of taking office was the appointment of a Community Services Deputy, which was shortly followed by the development of the Community Outreach & Public Services Unit.
This unit is responsible for serving as a liaison between the Sheriff’s Office and community organizations. Their duties include:
- Receive and coordinate requests for activities from area organizations and schools.
- Communicate with district supervisory personnel on the requirement and need for additional equipment/personnel.
- Maintain active communication with schools and organizations to assess needs and services the Sheriff’s Office can provide.
- Provide information on upcoming activities to the Public Information Officer(s) so that local news organizations can be notified.
- Obtain or create educational materials to fulfill the needs of the requesting public.
- Attend public meetings to assess needs of the citizens and educate them on Sheriff’s Office organization and procedures.
- Disseminate this information to appropriate supervisors.
Programs offered by the COPS Unit include:
- School Safety & Crime Prevention (Threat Assessments & Active Shooter Presentations)
- Child ID Program (CHIP)
- Crime Free Multi-Housing Program
- Refuse to Be A Victim Program
- VIN Etch Program
- Attendance at Community & School Events
- Location Specific Traffic Enforcement
- Off-Duty Employment
For more information please contact:
Sgt. Tod Linendoll
Office: (520) 432-9576
Fax: (520) 432-3517
Master Deputy Allison Hadfield
Office: (520) 432-9575
Fax: (520) 432-3517
Community Outreach and Public Services (COPS) Unit