The Solid Waste Department is responsible for providing a high-quality, cost-effective and environmentally safe solid waste disposal service to its customers through a regional solid waste disposal service, in conformance with the terms of the intergovernmental agreements for solid waste disposal services between Cochise County and the participating cities and within the funding limitations of the system.
Please note: Solid Waste does not accept debit or credit cards. We only except cash or checks.
- An official “Free Dump Day Certificate” is mailed to all residential property owners of Cochise County.
- Certificates are valid from May 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
- Certificate has no specific cash value. It is good for one trip consisting of one non-commercial passenger vehicle, truck, or trailer load of refuse weighing a maximum of one ton. Any customer load over one ton will be charged for the additional weight at the current tipping fee.
- Certificate is transferrable, so you may give it to someone else, perhaps a neighbor or tenant. The holder of the certificate must surrender it to the Solid Waste Fee Attendant at the time of the transaction. Certificate MUST be presented to redeem your Free Dump Day.
- Certificate can be used at any open Cochise County refuse transfer station. For a list of locations and hours call 520-803-3770 or go to www.cochise.az.gov
- Replacement certificates will not be issued to anyone; so please do not misplace or damage it. The Fee Attendant must be able to identify that it is an original post marked certificate. The Solid Waste Department reserves the right to reject any certificate that may appear to be duplicated, altered or changed in any way.
- Certificate allows a resident to include a maximum of 5 tires within the free load.
City of Sierra Vista has a Compost Program located at 7201 E Highway 90. Customers interested in dropping off yard trimmings must show a sewer/sanitation bill to get service free. If you would like to purchase compost for your garden, call Sierra Vista Public Works at 520-458-5775, or visit their website Sierra Vista Compost Program.